Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions – TIA Events
All Tourism Industry Association New Zealand Incorporated trading as Tourism Industry Aotearoa (TIA) events are subject to the following terms and conditions, unless otherwise stated. A full copy can be downloaded here: TIA Event Terms and Conditions
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration for an event implies that the delegate will attend and must pay the registration fee prior to the commencement of the event.
- Consideration and acceptance of your application to participate at the Event is at the sole discretion of TIA. TIA is under no obligation to provide you with any reasons for their acceptance or rejection of your application to attend.
- The Registration Fee is due and payable in full within 30 days of issue of an invoice by TIA, and in any case no later than 15 business days prior to the Event. See early bird Entitlement to ensure entitlement of early bird rate.
Member Rate Entitlement
- The ‘Member’ registration fees apply only to those delegates whose organisation are current financial members of TIA at the time that the event is held.
- Where the delegates organisation ceases to be a financial member of TIA at the time that event is held, the delegate will automatically be invoiced for the difference between the member and non member rate, and must make payment prior to attending the event.
- Participants agree to pay all applicable GST in connection with the event as provided for on the event website, or as otherwise notified by TIA.
- You are responsible for all your costs associated with the Event including, without limitation, travel and accommodation costs. TIA will not be responsible for any costs or disbursements that you incur as a result of your application.
- All cancellations must be made in writing. Cancellation fees apply regardless of whether the participation fee has been paid and need to be paid within 10 working days of cancellation being made.
- TIA welcomes a substitute attendee if the original attendee is unable to attend the event by notifying TIA prior to the commencement of the event.
- A full refund of the registration fee will be made if a cancellation is received in writing six weeks or more prior to the commencement of the event.
- A 50% refund of the registration fee will be made if a cancellation is received in writing after six weeks and before three weeks prior to the commencement of the event.
- No full or part refund will be payable where there is less than three working weeks notice before the commencement of the event.
Event Changes or Cancellation
- TIA reserves the right to substitute presenters, make alterations, reschedule or cancel events where circumstances are beyond its control.
- In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled by TIA, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate.
- In the event of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the event is being postponed or the dates being changed, the organisers shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate.
- If by re-arrangement or postponement the event can take place, the booking between the delegate and the organisers shall remain in force and will be subject to the TIA cancellation schedule.
Health & Safety
- Delegates will adhere to all fire, health and safety regulations which affect the Event.
- All events are a smoke-free events.
Special Dietary/Physical Requirements
- Will only be catered for if requested before the event registration closing date.
- Please indicate any special requirements on your registration form or email email@example.com with your specifications.
- Views expressed by TIA event speakers are their own.
- TIA cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at TIA event or in any material provided to delegates by our guest speakers.
- In registering for TIA events, delegates grant permission to TIA, its agents and others working under its authority, to take and to have full and free use of video/photographs containing their image/likeness. It is understood these images may be used for promotional, news, on-line/multimedia, research and/or educational purposes by and for TIA.
- Delegates agree that they are not entitled to remuneration, residuals, royalties or any other payment from TIA in respect of their image/likeness or its use.
- Delegates release, discharge, and hold harmless, TIA and its agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions that they may hereafter have by reason of anything contained in the photographs or video.
- Should a delegate not agree to the above image release, they must advise TIA by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is not permitted for delegates to distribute or display promotional materials at the Event without prior consent from TIA.
Compliance with law
- You will ensure that you, and each of your employees, contractors and representatives, comply with all applicable New Zealand law at all times during your participation in the Event.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by New Zealand law and the courts of New Zealand shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all issues which may arise under or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- TIA may collect personal information from you (such as your name, home/business address and email) for the purpose of facilitating your participation in the Event, and for event management. It may be provided to other event related organisations or entities (such as other event participants, event sponsors / partners and event contractors) for the purpose of event management or TIA may use it to contact you in the future for purposes relating to the Event.
- If you wish to opt out of your information being shared with event sponsors then you must select this at the time of registration on the registration form.
- It is the responsibility of the delegate to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at TIA events.
- TIA cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
Health & Safety is important to us at events, so please take a few moments to read the key information surrounding Health & Safety at our events. All delegates are required to follow all fire, health and safety regulations which affect the Event.
Fire Risks and Access
Delegates will adhere to all fire, health and safety regulations which affect the Event.
Fire – Evacuation and Assemble
If you hear a continuous fire alarm, immediately leave the building by the nearest safe exit.
If there is no apparent alarm and you need to evacuate, please follow the instructions of the Venue Supervisor and Venue Safety Wardens.
- Do not use the lift
- Do not use lighters or matches
- Walk at all times and remain calm
- Do not carry anything down stairs with you
- When instructed, assemble at the Emergency Evacuation Assembly Point
- Do not return to the building until instructed to do so
- Please follow the instructions of your Venue Safety Wardens.
- They are trained in the venues Emergency Management Procedures
- All events are a smoke-free events and smoking in the venue is strictly prohibited.
Earthquake – Drop, Cover and Hold
- Drop to the ground, get under cover and hold on
- Do not evacuate (unless instructed to do so)
- Wait for the shaking to stop and then follow the instructions of your Venue Supervisor and Venue Safety Wardens.
Tsunami – Move to Higher Ground
It is possible that a tsunami may follow a larger earthquake (“larger” indicated by your loss of balance / items falling off shelves).
Move as quickly and calmly as you can to higher ground.